Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reed is 4 months old

Reed has his 4 month doctors appointment yesterday. He now weighs almost 16 lbs. and is 25 1/2 inches long.  He had to get two shots one in each leg and he did not like that at all. I took Garet with to the doctors because I really think it is a good thing for him to go to the doctors when it is not his turn to have a check up. This gives him a chance to see the nurses and doctors as just people that he can trust. He did really well and even helped when Reed started to cry after his shots.

Here are some of the new things that Reed has started to do lately. Every since he has started smiling I don't think there has been a time when I have looked at him that he has not had a smile on his face. He is so happy most of the time. I think he is going to be a talker like his brother.  He has now figured out how to make noises and make those noises sound different.  Now on the ride home I have both of them talking in the back seat. I will have to say it is a lot easier when you know what they are telling you.  Right now I think Reed is just telling us that he knows how to make noises and that he is going to make them all the time when he is awake. 

Reed has also learned to rolls from his back to his belly and back to his back.  If you are not right there next to him talking to him when he is on his back then he is rolling over to his tummy. He used to get upset when he would get to his belly and not be able to get back. But now his arms are getting a lot stronger so he can lift the front part of his body way up in the air. He is also getting good and sticking his little booty up in the air and using his legs. We better watch out when he gets those two working together we are going to have to get the baby gate back out. There will be no stopping him.

Reeds Doctor told me yesterday that we can start to give him a little cereal with our dinner to try to get him to sleep the rest of the night. Right now he is sleeping from about 8 in the evening till between 4 and 5 in the morning. This is not bad at all I think.  Garet did not sleep the entire night until he was almost a year old. So I have no problem dealing with a 4 or 5 o'clock feeding.  That is close to the time that I have to get up for work so it works out well. 

Well that is about all my updates on Reed. We may be taking him camping for the first time this weekend. We have a friend that is having a birthday camp out. It will be only for one night and I think we are just going to use the van as our tent. It will be a nice first time in the the woods for Reed.

No comments:

Post a Comment